BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Five voluntary board members are appointed by the Mayor and City Council from among Coeur d’Alene city residents for five year terms. The Board of Trustees, by Idaho Code, establishes policies and rules for the governance of the library.
Their duties include:
- To establish bylaws for its own government.
- Adopting a budget for review and approval by City Council.
- Controlling the expenditures of money budgeted for the library.
- Hiring, supervising, and evaluating the Library Director.
- Developing library policy and long range plans, and exercising powers necessary for the orderly and efficient management of the library.
The Board of Trustees typically holds regular meetings on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 4.00 p.m. in the Library Community Room. This schedule is sometimes subject to change and all meetings will be noticed appropriately according to Idaho Open Meeting Law. Agendas and minutes are posted to this page (third tab across titled ‘Agendas & Minutes’). If and when available, recordings of the meetings are uploaded to the Coeur d’Alene Public Library playlist on the City of Coeur d’Alene YouTube channel.
The board works for the citizens and stakeholders of the city, and community input can assist the board in meeting the challenge of continuous improvement. Citizens and stakeholders may speak or have a written or oral testimony read on their behalf during the public comment section of meetings. The following reasonable restrictions will apply:
- Citizens and stakeholders providing public comment shall state their full name and city of residence.
- Speakers shall indicate their intention to give public comment to the Library Director or on the provided sign-in sheet prior the commencement of the meeting. Speakers are limited to three (3) minutes.
- Written or oral testimonies should be submitted to the library director via email at [email protected] or phone at 208-769-2315 ext. 436 by noon of the day before the scheduled meeting.
- Groups representing a consistent viewpoint are strongly encouraged to select one (1) spokesperson.
- Board members may seek clarification at the conclusion of public comment but will only take official action for those items listed on the meeting agenda.
For more information about library boards in the State of Idaho, visit: https://libraries.idaho.gov/trustees-directors/