INTER-LIBRARY LOANS (ILL)
Inter-Library Loan (ILL) is a free service that is available to any resident with a Coeur d’Alene Public Library or Cooperative Information Network library card. Many items that are not listed in the library’s catalog can be requested through ILL. Coeur d’Alene Public Library’s Inter-Library Loan Coordinator will search libraries nationally for the items and make every effort to acquire them for loan. There are several ways to request an item:
- Talk to library staff
- Request multiple items (up to six at a time) via the online “Request an Inter-Library Loan” form (see next tab)
- Use the pen-and-paper “Material Request Form” provided at the library desks
- ILLs borrowed through Coeur d’Alene Public Library must be picked up from and returned to Coeur d’Alene Public Library; no exceptions.
- Entire issues of a magazine/periodical
- Most genealogical materials
- Reference materials and textbooks
- Video games or computer software E-Books
- Note that AV materials (such as DVDs, CDs, and Audiobooks) and items published within the current year can be difficult to borrow, but we will try. ILL requests take an average of one to two weeks to fill.
Request an Inter-Library Loan