Children have fun attending weekly programs with their caregivers, make new friends and develop early literacy skills.
Early Literacy Programs
- Book Babies Lap-Sit – for infants from birth to 2 years and their caregivers
- Tales for Two’s and Three’s – a story program designed for toddlers and their caregivers
- Preschool Story Time – for children 3-5 years old and their caregivers
- Music & Motion – for children 3-5 years old and their caregivers
LEGO ClubChildren 5-11 years old spend an hour building and creating.
Digital MicroscopesExplore the world on a microscopic level using a digital microscope at one of the five multimedia computers in the children’s library. Microscopes are perfect for examining objects such as coins, stamps, rocks, gems, insects, plants, skin, fibers and much more. Use snapshot images in research papers for school!
Backpack KitsTheme related kits contain a selection of materials for a wide range of grade levels, and include books, audio tapes and compact discs, videos, multimedia and bibliographies. Kits check out for 14 days.
LEAP Kits (Library Early-Learning Activities Project)Theme related kits contain a variety of materials for children birth to 5 years old, and include books, multimedia, puppets, flannel board activities, puzzles and more. Kits check out for 14 days.
Monthly Weekly Daily List
Discover and identify nature in your own backyard, at Coeur …
22 Jun – 21 Sep
No event found!
Suggested Sites for Children
Accelerated Reader Lists and Awards
Accelerated Reader Lists
- AR BookFinder – Searching for books with a corresponding Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360® quiz is easy with Accelerated Reader Bookfinder®. Students, teachers, parents, and librarians can search in English or Spanish using criteria such as ATOS book level or a Lexile™ measure, interest level, title, author, fiction/nonfiction, subject, award-winners, state lists, CCSS Exemplars, and more.