Guidelines for in-person services:
- Face masks that properly cover both nose and mouth are strongly recommended while in the building.
- Staff will wear face masks when providing service and ask patrons to wear one for close contact assistance such as computer help.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from patrons and staff who are not members of the same household.
- The library is encouraging 1-hour visits to browse for and check out items.
- Computer access will be set to 1-hour time blocks.
The Coeur d’Alene Public Library is currently open Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Meeting rooms are now available to be booked by the public on a limited basis. A temporary children’s area has been set up in a central location upstairs to make it easier for parents and caregivers to find books for themselves and their children within the 1-hour timeframe. Curbside delivery of items to vehicles has been a popular service and it will continue to be offered during open hours, as well as Chromebook borrowing.
Children’s, teen and adult programs will continue to be conducted virtually during live and recorded sessions. Select events will be held outdoors. Check the library’s event schedule for more detail