Museum of North Idaho: TRR-06-009 – The Bus Depot, Fritz's Corner, the Lighthouse, and Western Auto are visible. Three cars stopped for train. "The Northern Pacific Railway branch line between Spokane and CdA terminated on a dock projecting into Lake CdA at the foot of 3rd St. A single freight train made the round trip from Spokane every day except Sunday in the early 1950s. Here it is slowly chuffing north on 3rd St. at Sherman Ave. moments after beginning its return to Spokane. Northern Pacific's venerable Ten Wheeler (4-6-0) locomotive 1359 leads the way.“ 5/24/1954. Phillip Johnson, photographer.
MUSEUM OF NORTH IDAHO: TRR-06-009