Museum of North Idaho: CDA-11-005 - The hotel was built by James Smith on the Ft. Sherman reservation in 1880. It was about 28' x 60' and 2 stories in height. In 1884 it was purchased by C. B. King and moved to the south side of Sherman between 2nd & 3rd. The hotel was then enlarged by the addition of an ell, a third story and porches facing the lake. First known as the Lakeside Hotel and managed by Vincent W. Wells (after it was moved). The name changed to Coeur d'Alene Inn. It was the leading hotel until 1905 when the Hotel Idaho was built. The hotel burned about 1911. Circa 1900.
MUSEUM OF NORTH IDAHO: CDA-11-005