Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service that is available to any resident with a CIN library card. Many items that aren’t listed in the library’s catalog can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
There are several ways to request an item:
- Talk to library staff (such as the ILL Coordinator)
- Request multiple items (up to six at a time) via the Online Material Request Form
- Use the pen-and-paper “Material Request Form” provided at the library desks
Interlibrary Loans borrowed through Coeur d’Alene Public Library must be picked up from and returned to Coeur d’Alene Public Library; no exceptions.
On the day your request arrives, you’ll be notified by phone or email. You have seven days to pick up the materials before they’re returned to their lending library.
Please request renewals a few days prior to the due date. Renewals are dependent on the lending library’s policies and may not always be available.
Items not available through ILL include:
- Entire issues of a magazine/periodical
- Most genealogical materials
- Reference materials and textbooks
- Video games or computer software
Note that AV materials (such as DVDs, CDs, and Audiobooks) and items published within the current year can be difficult to borrow, but we will try. ILL requests take an average of one to two weeks to fill.