In some cases, the browser cache may be preventing you from seeing the correct login screen for a database linked from the library website. If you are not seeing the correct login form, try clearing the cache (temporary browser files/cookies/etc.), closing your browser and trying again. If that does not get you to the proper login screen, try the next suggestion.
Norton Firewall or similar firewall software may also be preventing you from seeing the correct login screen for a database linked from the library website. The database may showing an error message rather than asking for a Library Card or login credentials. Please follow the information below or refer to the instructions for your firewall software to adjust the firewall and allow the site to function properly. If you have any more difficulties accessing this resource, contact the IT Coordinator at the Coeur d'Alene Public Library @ 208-769-2315.
Please note: the examples below are only a couple examples. We do not have the ability to provide examples or assistance for all anti-virus or other software that may be blocking access to our databases.
Some Web pages require referrer information before allowing you to view their page. If you want to allow referrer information to pass to a particular Web page, you must create a rule for it.
To create a rule that permits referrer information
- Open Norton 2004.
- Do one of the following.
- In Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2003: Click Options > Internet Security, and then click the Web Content tab.
- In Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2004 or newer: Double-click Privacy Control, and then click Advanced.
- In the bottom of the Advanced window, click Add Site.
- In the New Site/Domain box, type the name of the site that you want to receive the referrer information (the site you are trying to link to, i.e. www.referenceusa.com), and click OK.
The site name appears in the left frame of the Options window.
- Click the name of the new site.
- On the Global Settingstab, under the Information about visited sites section, uncheck Use default settings.
- Click Permit.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
- Try the database link from the library website again.
NOTICE: This fix is offered strictly "as-is". Use at your own risk.
- Right-click on your Norton Internet Security icon in your system tray and select Norton Internet Security, or double click on the desktop icon.
- Click the Privacy Control row, and then click the gold Configure button on the right.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Click the add Site button.
- Enter the address of the site you are trying to link to (i.e. www.referenceusa.com). Click the OK button.
- On the Global Settings tab on the right-hand side, find “Information about visited sites” and UNCHECK the “Use default settings” entry. Click the Permit radio button.
- Click OK on of the Advanced Window, and then click OK on the Norton Internet Security Window. You shouldn’t experience further issues.
If you still have difficulty accessing the database, contact the IT Coordinator at the Coeur d'Alene Public Library @ 208-769-2315.